30 June 2012

Feta Bruchetta! (I know you want to say it out loud)



I've been spending a lot of time away from home lately, to the recent extreme of being in my own place just two nights a week. This is not a complaint. Just so we're on the record. No complaints here!

When I come home from my days upon days away, my fridge is empty. My milk is sour. I've been living out of my freezer, mostly, and what few random groceries I bring back with me. So, meals made from just a few ingredients are the way forward, since I am only ever here for a few days anyway - no need to stock the fridge when I'm off again so quickly. This is one such success, simple and so pretty to look at. And tasty, too! That's the trifecta we're after, for real.






Feta Bruchetta
This is more of a rough guide than a recipe, because that's the nature of making bruchetta. Try other herbs and flavour combinations, such as oregano, feta and lemon for a more Greek spin, or harissa, feta and pine nuts for something more Moroccan.

Crusty bread
Plum tomatoes, chopped
Feta cheese, crumbled
Basil leaves, torn
sea salt
pepper
olive oil
balsamic syrup

Assemble tomatoes, cheese and basil on toast and top with salt, pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a few drops of balsamic syrup. Toast under the grill/broiler at 200C for about 15 minutes, until cheese has browned. Gobble it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment