09 January 2011

Soba Noodles with Broccoli and Spicy Peanut Sauce



Hi.  How are you?  It's been a while.

I'm back from my winter travels, refreshed and recharged.  I took a 7-hour train journey to Wales, and rang in 2011 with some of the best mates a gal could hope for.  I hope your new year is as happy as mine.



Ok, to the food.  Apologies for the rubbish state of the photos... I was very nearly having hunger shakes as I hastily took them.

I just love everything about this dish.  I meant to go and buy groceries today, but slept until noon and woke up with a hangover.  Oops.  So I needed something easy.  I also needed food, like, immediately.  Then came the happy realisation that soba noodles only take 4 minutes to cook.  So easy, so creamy, so perfect.  And it only took 10 minutes of barely-thinking to make it happen.  I want to eat this every day, forever.  I turned right around and made it again for dinner.  Definitely a keeper.



Soba Noodles with Broccoli and Spicy Peanut Sauce

1 bunch soba noodles
broccoli, fresh or frozen

SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
  2-3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
  1 tbsp honey
  1 tbsp soy sauce
  1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
  1/2 tea garlic puree
  1/4 tea chilli powder, or more to your liking
  ~3 tea cooking water from noodles


Get some water boiling and add broccoli (I used frozen here).  Boil until just tender and remove from water, chop to bite-sized pieces, and cook soba noodles in same broccoli-water, 4 minutes.  No use wasting energy here, folks.

While you're doing all that, whip up the sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.  When noodles are done, drain and toss with sauce and chopped broccoli.  The end.

Serves 1.

4 comments:

  1. i saw in your pics you went to aberystwyth! i go to uni there, it's a lovely town isn't it?
    these noodles look so yummy i'm going to have to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely in Aber, I'm looking forward to going back! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...what a great recipe. Made it for lunch in no time at all and it was sooo good. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this for tea tonight for me and my housemate. Was really quick and he loved it. I added chicken too - sorry!

    Attempting the Oreos this week too, though took me a while to discover what vegetable shortening was.

    ReplyDelete