06 March 2010

Feta and Avocado Sandwich


Still in my quest for vegetarian sandwiches, I dreamed this one up while staring at the open refrigerator, starved and slightly slack-jawed from reading about I-can't-remember-what (but I'm sure it probably had something to do with baboons).  It was nice... a mixture of flavours I've not tried before, and a filling lunch that got my brain back on task.  I loved the combination of salty feta and sweet honey, and the pairing of smooth avocado with the crisp lettuce.  This one's a keeper - I can't wait until tomatoes are in season, because this would certainly benefit from a red, juicy tomato, sliced paper-thin and hiding underneath the feta.

Feta and Avocado Sandwich

Spread mayonnaise on 2 slices of whole grain bread and stack:
-bread slice no. 1
-lettuce
-feta
-avocado
-drizzle on some honey
-more lettuce
-the other slice of bread, and you're all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment